Thursday, June 9, 2011

Tropical Storm

A big storm just blew in. Thunder rolls like a bowling ball. The much needed rain is painful. I smelled a tiny bit of ozone.


Godhead

My sweetie gave me Godhead last night.
O, I felt like a King.
The Moon Goddess shielded me from The Archer,
& I wore the antlers of the stag.
I saw through the eye of night & danced
& outran the hounds like the horn’s song.

My sweetie said, “Let’s go down,”
so we poked along the feet of hills.
Prodding for hollows with hickory staves,
we separated the grass & scattered its seed.

My sweetie pointed to an opening & we passed through.
The man in the hole wore a jackal head.
His welcome promised comfort & death.
We knew light would end.

My sweetie led me out by morning.
She tossed a myrtle ring onto my antlers.
O, I felt like the new Sun.
I kicked & bucked & startled the crows.
Their wings shadowed eternity.


No comments:

Post a Comment