Friday, May 13, 2011

Introduction

Hi, folks. I'll be posting stuff as it comes to me. Check often because stuff comes to me all the time. I'll go on and put a few things here to show ya what I mean, and then...you know the rest. kf

Underwater

In the years I lived underwater,
I feared crabs more than spiders.
Often I would wake to see
my shoes hermit away, little
shells left by where they were.

Now I live in a box of corners & shades.
My shoes remain stationary in sleep,
but sometimes grow webbed in the toe.
Where the division of light & darkness is
so distinct, it frightens me to worry the morning.

Everything here is surrounded by air.
It offers little resistance or buoyancy. I feel
like a pearl diver unable to come up.
My only hope is that
birds are the fish of heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment